2022 IASLC Patient Advocate Educational Awards
The IASLC is now accepting applications for the 2022 Patient Advocate Educational Awards! To learn more about this program, please review the information below.
|About the Program
The IASLC Patient Advocate Educational Awards provide an opportunity for patients/survivors, carers/caregivers, and patient advocates to be a part of IASLC’s most anticipated global conference: the IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC). The number of educational awards shall be limited to a maximum of five. Fewer than the maximum amount may be awarded, depending on interest, qualifications of the applicants, and the review process.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who have never been awarded a WCLC Patient Advocate Educational Award (formerly, the WCLC Patient Advocate Travel Award). If you have previously won this award we strongly encourage you to apply to participate in the IASLC STARS Program.
|About the Award
Awardees will receive:
- Complimentary 2022 WCLC registration;
- Up to five nights’ accommodation at one of the Conference contracted hotels;
- A fixed monetary amount (to be determined based on your region) to help offset other travel costs; and
- Additional funds of USD 500 awarded to each recipient to be used towards a project in their home community that improves patient engagement and outcomes.
Eligibility for selection in 2022 will include:
- Applicants must be individual patients/survivors with a lung cancer diagnosis, carers/caregivers of a loved one with a lung cancer diagnosis, or professional patient advocates who work for a non-profit organization focused on lung cancer.
- The individual applying must be a current member of the IASLC for 2022 (visit www.iaslc.org/membership to join);
- The applicant must have demonstrated commitment and experience in lung cancer patient advocacy.
- For organizations applying, you must nominate ONLY ONE individual to represent the organization; multiple applications from individuals from the same organization will not be considered.
- For the health and safety of meeting attendees, applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Awardees are expected to:
- Attend a preconference virtual meeting to connect with fellow awardees and patient advocates;
- Develop a conference session attendance plan;
- Attend the Patient Engagement Meeting during the WCLC;
- Attend a virtual meeting after the completion of WCLC to share learnings and present a project update;
- Submit a written project update 6 months after the WCLC; and
- Agree to participate virtually to support future award winners of this award.
Applicants for the Educational Award will be required to submit a detailed application, including the following information:
- Applicant Contact Information
- Social Media links
- Short Answer Questions
- Please share your connection to the lung cancer community.
- Please share any current activities or plans for increasing lung cancer awareness, patient education and engagement, or improving patient outcomes. (100 word limit)
- Describe the project that the funds of USD 500 will be used for, including the following: (300 word limit)
- Project Objective
- Regional Need
- Project Description
- Describe the expected outcomes from this project. (300 word limit)
|How to Apply
- CLICK HERE to access the nomination form. (opens in new tab)
- When prompted to log in, use your IASLC Member Portal credentials.
- If you do not know your credentials, click on the "Reset your Password" link to recover your user name and/or reset your password. If you are still unable to login, please email email@example.com.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to begin work on your application. You may save your application at any time and return to the system at a later date to continue your work.
- Applications must be submitted by March 16, 2022.
||Selection will be made by members of the IASLC Patient Advocate Committee based on stated eligibility criteria and to reflect a diverse participant pool.
||Applicants will be notified of their status via email by April 20, 2022.
||Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.