2021-2022 IASLC Academy
The IASLC is now accepting applications for participation in the 2021-2022 IASLC Academy! To learn more about this program, please review the information below.
|About the Program
||The IASLC Academy is a professional development program for early career physicians from around the world who are interested in pursuing an academic career in thoracic oncology. Taught by prominent leaders in the field, paticipants receive mentoring to complete a project and to explore topics related to career development and research. Due to restrictions on in-person gatherings, the initial portion of the program will be conducted through a series of four virtual meetings throughout the year, culminating in a live workshop during WCLC 2022 (circumstances permitting, travel expenses and conference registration will be provided).
Eligiblility criteria are as follows:
- Active membership in the IASLC
- Graduation from an accredited medical school
- Experience as a medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, pneumologist/pulmonologist, thoracic surgeon, pathologist or radiologist
- Within five years of completion of an accredited residency or training program excluding any period of mandatory military duties
Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae that includes
- Work history (internships, jobs, volunteer work, etc.)
- Research experience
- Awards and grants
- Presentations in scientific and professional meetings in regional, national and international events
- Publications including abstracts, original articles, reviews, etc.
- Short-answer questions (300 word max)
- Describe your professional goals.
- How will this program help you further your career as a lung cancer specialist?
|How to Apply
- Click HERE to access the nomination form. (opens in new tab)
- When prompted to log in, use your IASLC Member Portal credentials.
- If you do not know your credentials, click on the "Reset your Password" link to recover your user name and/or reset your password. If you are still unable to login, please email email@example.com.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to begin work on your application. You may save your application at any time and return to the system at a later date to continue your work.
- Applications must be submitted by October 29, 2021 at 12:00 (noon) Denver time [18:00 UTC].
||Selection will be made by members of the IASLC Academy Faculty based on stated eligibility criteria and to reflect a diverse participant pool.
||Applicants will be notified of their status via email by November 15, 2021.
||Questions may be directed to CME@iaslc.org.