IASLC Cancer Care Team Award
The IASLC Cancer Care Team Award honors multidisciplinary teams, as nominated by the patients they serve. Exceptional care for patients with lung cancer is not limited to interactions with any one specialist or care center. Delivery of patient care is at its best when multidisciplinary team members offer the patient seamless and informed communication, as well as an individualized treatment plan based on not just the patient’s needs but the patient’s wishes. The IASLC Cancer Care Team Award aims to highlight this kind of worldwide, outstanding care.
Nominations are accepted from all around the world. An international panel chooses one winning team from each of the four regions - North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia/Rest of World.
Accesing the Nomination Form:
- Only IASLC Members are eligible to submit nominations for the Cancer Care Team Award. If you are not yet a member, CLICK HERE for information on how to join. IASLC Membership is complimentary for patients and their family members and caregivers.
- IASLC members may CLICK HERE to login to the form via the IASLC Member Portal.
- If you do not know your Member Portal credentials, click on the "Forgot Your Password" link to reset your credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged into the Member Portal, you will be automatically directed to the nomination form.
Completing the Nomination Form:
- Please plan on spending at least 20 - 30 minutes completing and submitting the nomination form.
- As this award is intended to honor multidisciplinary care teams, the nomination must include at least three but no more than six individuals from the care team (e.g., oncologist, surgeon, nurse, radiation oncologist, etc.).
- You will be asked to complete information on:
- The patients’ diagnoses and treatment(s)
- The nominees’ (Cancer Care Team) names, roles, and institutions
- Your contact information.
- The nominations will be judged based on descriptions/ratings of how the Cancer Care Team excelled at meeting the patient’s’ needs in the following attributes of care:
- Access to Educational Information and Resources
- Access to Care Team Members
- Clear Communication
- Caring and Supportive
Please note, it is not appropriate for medical professionals to nominate themselves or their colleagues for this award, and any such nominations will be disqualified.
Established in memory of Marilyn Holman, who passed away from lung cancer in 2016, the IASLC Cancer Care Team Award recognizes excellence in multidisciplinary, team-based lung cancer care. Marilyn, along with her husband, approached the IASLC with this idea to recognize and honor exceptional care provided to lung cancer patients like herself. By recognizing Cancer Care Teams across the world, we hope to spread awareness and speak to the outstanding care that is possible for all lung cancer patients, from the time of diagnosis through treatment.
We invite you to share the link to this form and encourage individual patients with lung cancer and their caregivers/care partners to nominate a multidisciplinary care team that they feel provided exceptional care! The deadline to submit a nomiantion is April 26, 2023.